MOSAIC Multicultural Festival
“Be a part of the picture!”
When: Sunday, 13 October 2019
Where: Roma Street Parklands
Join us on Sunday 13 October for #MOSAIC, a world music, dance and cultural spectacular that celebrates the creative and rich talents of our diverse communities.
The MOSAIC Festival celebrates who we are through dance, music, spoken word, visual arts and crafts, children’s and family activities and delectable foods and cooking demonstrations!
The MOSAIC 2019 program will feature:
- ‘It’s Who We Are!’ an exhibition of photography, visual art and spoken word; sponsored by Multicultural Affairs Queensland.
- ‘Lullabies and Stories – Memories of Bliss’ – showcasing diverse voices and curated by Charulatha Mani, renowned international Indian signer and Director of the Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University Research Centre.
- ‘Info-Dome’ – a Café Emporium inviting festival-goers to exchange ideas and information.
- ‘Tibetan Mandala’ – at the heart of the Info-Dome will be the Tibetan Mandala – contribute your valuable little piece to the MOSAIC Mandala!
- ‘Rock around the Wok!’ – Diverse Cooking Demonstrations featuring notable cooks with intriguing stories
- ‘Welcome Cafe’ – sample a coffee from aspiring young baristas
- ‘Global Bazaar’ – explore the handicrafts of diverse artists and perhaps seek out a unique seasonal gift for family and friends. The Global Bazaar will be a colourful visual experience, like a busy Moroccan market place!
- The Lake Stage – the best in World Music
- The Celebration Stage – Community Dance
MOSAIC Multicultural Festival is a family-friendly event. All program activities are free.
MOSAIC is brought to you in partnership with Suncorp, the Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council.